Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Creating for Christmas

With this business starting up for myself, I wanted to be able to take some time and create items for Christmas. Christmas is my favorite holiday and I feel that since I live in a summery place, I have to work twice as hard to make it really feel like Christmas. So I definitely do more than just put up a tree. This year I've got some great ideas I want to work on. But I had an idea to make stockings, so that's what I did for a little while today.
Roughly I sketched out the shape I needed and then used my rotary cutter.

The back was felt and the front was my nutcracker cotton print.

all the parts waiting to be assembled.

done and done!

I finished the first so quickly, I thought I could get another one done

now I have two!
I'm really glad I finally sat down and did these. It was so quick! There are a lot more I can make with my fabric stash here. And not all straight up Christmas fabric either. I'm probably going to sell these two, but I know I'm going to make stockings for Jeff and I this year. The ones I have aren't doing so well. Tai got ahold of one the first year I had them and it's not really recovered from being used as a chew toy. I reckon the cotton front and the felt back will make this stronger than the ones that are all the soft, fluffy material. More to come later!

ps- I may have a slight nutcracker addiction. Of my Christmas fabric collection, half of it is nutcracker prints. Plus I have a large collection of nutcrackers...I'm sensing a pattern here. :)

No comments: