Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Personal Challenges: Project 365

When I lived in South Korea I had a photography hobby. I bought a nice camera, went out on weekends for shooting pictures and did a lot of reading and practicing with my Nikon. In the last couple of years though, I got lazy. I stopped using my DSLR and started using my point and shoot Nikon for everything. I feel like I've forgotten my eye for pictures and the beauty around me. I don't mean to say that I don't see beauty anywhere, but that I have forgotten how much it meant to me to be able to capture that beauty in a photo. So I have started a new personal challenge: to take a photo every day and post it online. So I went and joined project 365, an online photo journal website and posted my first picture today. Here's the link for following this project: Project 365. I think I will also post the week in photos on a Sunday here so you could just look at my pictures throughout this challenge. Since it is Sunday, here's this photo from today:

We went to Rabbit Island today just outside of Richmond for a BBQ with a couple of friends. It may be winter here (or very nearly) but the days are still warm and the bright sunshine beckons on a day like today. I enjoy taking pictures from a low perspective and found this one to be intriguing.

What do you think? Will I make it the entire year until May 26th, 2014 with this challenge? I hope so!!!

No comments: