Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Personal Challenge: Weight Loss

Something is going on that I have been ignoring for nearly a year. See I got complacent with being in love and happy with Jeff here. When that happened, I stopped paying much attention to what I was eating and drinking. I put on weight and stopped working out like I had been doing so well before I moved to NZ. You know how people say that you'll slack off when you're happy and how being with someone makes you stop trying so hard, in regards to your looks? Well, I am here to say it is true. I know I should be about 20 kg lighter than I am, I know I should be taking more care in what I wear and how I look daily, but my husband loves me just as I am. He thinks I'm beautiful and wonderful just like I am. That makes it harder to get the motivation I need to change my life. A lot harder. But in six weeks I'll be turning 30 and I'm thinking down the road when we start a family...I don't want to be where I am now at that point. It's unhealthy and dangerous, besides setting a bad example for our future kids. I don't want my kids to struggle the way I have. I want to instill good habits in them from birth and that means I need to set the right example now.

So today I started something different. I worked out this afternoon and made a vegetarian meal tonight. I'm thinking of ways to get more fruit and veggies into my diet without having a boring salad every day. Thing is- I always have a really boring salad. It's always lettuce, carrot and zucchini. That's all I have here that I like raw. So what do I do to eat more raw veggies? Any ideas? I am a natural veggie-hater (ask my mom) and getting me to eat veggies is always a struggle. I want to eat something that tastes good.

I have two months until my trip to the USA with my husband. I would really like to be able to wear my summer clothes again without feeling awful about being in them. I want to feel good in a swimsuit and not hide from the camera. It's going to be a hard road the next two months, but I really want to get a grip on my health and my weight. I would like to lose the weight and hopefully not find it again.

Today's funny exercise was this abs workout dance I found through Pinterest:

I look like an idiot doing this warmup- I enjoyed it though.

Starting weight: 93 kg.
Exercise for the day: 3 minute abs warmup (video above), 15 minutes Pilates and abdominal ABCs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So just some advice. people who want to lose weight need at least an hour of excercise a day. including weekends if they wish for faster results. at least 30 minutes of cardio then you can do abs or pilates..whatever you choose for the other 30 minutes. when you reach a more comfortable "you" then you can decrease to 3 times a week. honestly though i do at least 6 workouts monday-friday. so try that and see where you get. food wise.. for breakfast, do oatmeal like the actual serving. or dry cereal. cut out all dairy..including cheese.. you could do peanut butter on toast too..somthin that has protein.. then have a 10 oclock snack such as a piece of fruit..thats it...then do lunch..try doing a smoothie..put some spinach or avocado in it as well to get some fruit.. and a cup of brown rice.. have a 2 o clock snack like fruit or a veggie again..watching how much of it you intake..dont do a whole zucchini or cucumber dependin on how big it is. dont put ranch with it either. then do something wholesome for dinner..chicken rice veggies.. No desserts. if you want dessert try just berries. try sticking with breakfast, 10 snack, lunch, 2 snack, then dinner. itll help out alot!!!