Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Too busy for my own good...


I don't know what happens sometimes, you guys. I get into a really good writing pattern, blogging a couple times a week and then bam. I drop off the face of the planet. I have our entire wedding to recap, a couple recipes that I have tried and have photos to blog with, a major project going on, and I can't seem to make time to do this. I need to set a schedule or something. I suppose part of the problem is that I tend to do blog posts later in the evening. Probably not the best idea.

So here's a quick recap of what's been going on at our house lately...

1- We've been paleo (excluding dairy) for 10 days now. I'm craving a chocolate chip cookie like it's nobody's business. Jeff is always hungry and I so wish I could cheat and make a rich pasta dinner with garlic bread just to fill his stomach.

2- I made beef jerky for the first time in my life. It was pretty good, and surprisingly easy.

3- I ordered this yesterday.
No more peeling, coring and slicing apples up by hand once I get this bad boy in the post. Seriously, a person I clean for was using this at their home the day I visited and I fell in love immediately. Jeff loves stewed apples, I love applesauce, what neither of us likes is peeling apples. It hurts my wrist to peel a bucket full of apples. Best part? I got it for half the price it is in stores.

4- We're getting a temporary housemate. My father-in-law is moving back up to this area and is going to be staying with us while he gets his feet under him. He's coming and bringing a big mastiff dog with him. Oh my.

5- Because we're getting a semi-permanent houseguest, we have moved up our plan to convert the sunroom into my craft room. This week we spent a couple evenings cleaning out the space (it was used for storage) and I spent an afternoon cleaning it before spending two hours today painting it cream. It was originally painted a dusty pink and cream color, but the pink had to go. Now we need to find carpeting, curtain rods and Jeff is going to make all the shelves and work tables for me. Can you see how busy we are?

6- We got two loads of firewood last weekend and Jeff finally finished splitting it all and stacking it outside. I think we might be ready for winter now. Which is good because we got our first cold snap of autumn. Next up is getting a chimney sweep in to clean our chimney before we start using it every single day.

Phew, that is a lot of stuff that we've been up to. I tend to ignore the fact that I'm taking a class through my healthcare job and I have homework due this week, I started working at the preschool as well again, so I'm juggling two jobs, our house and chores while still dreaming about our honeymoon trip to the USA in August.

So there's a lot on my plate right now and I'm struggling to find a way to balance it all out. Maybe I need a clone of myself for chores. I'm also thinking about getting away for a couple of nights with Jeff sometime this winter, just a little break away from the hard work here at home. Any cheap ideas?

No comments: