Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Crafty Wedding: Rainbow Recap

I suppose it's about time I started these wedding recaps. We've been married just over a month and finally back into a regular schedule. Once we got home from our honeymoon, my work schedule got really hectic, Jeff was working six days a week and I started working at the preschool as well again. So I'm juggling two jobs, my garden, general housework and still trying to pack away my wedding things. Umm, I'll get it done eventually right?

So I mentioned how our wedding reception venue changed about two weeks before the big day. One of the things we had to figure out then was how to direct our guests to the new reception venue. In keeping with our theme of bright colors, we decided to make some signs for the park. These came in handy and we have them now at our house. What I want to show here is how the spaces looked before the wedding and how all our details came together to create our rainbow crafty wedding.


A lot of people have commented after our wedding that they loved the personal touches and the simple layout of our tables. It felt like a big family dinner and not like a formal reception, which is what we wanted after all!
 I spent a couple days filling glass bottles with flowers and water. Prayed that they wouldn't all die before the wedding and loved how they looked on the tables. The wood rounds on the tables were a project Jeff had to do. He cut 100 rounds for the wedding reception.
 The sign was a last minute addition. This is going to hang on our gate outside eventually.
 Simple tablescapes meant that people could relax and enjoy a variety of flowers (courtesy Nana's garden, the farm, my garden and the neighbor's garden where no one lives).

 Our fingerprint tree was one of my favorite things we chose for our wedding. It now hangs on our wall and I love looking at it.
 In this photo you can see the paper lanterns that have been strung up. The night before the wedding Jeff and his father spent the few hours we were there to hang lanterns. We had enough lanterns to help with the ambiance of the space (plus they were pretty fun).
 In the church the only decorating we did were these bottles and a piece of lace from my mom's wedding.

When I think back and look at the pictures from our wedding, I am struck by all the color we managed to get into our decor. I know there's not much of a story here right now, but I'll get to that when I start to share our day. I do have a voice...I think. ;)

1 comment:

Shoshanah said...

I love how the rainbow colors really came together! And while I know it couldn't be changed, I think it's awesome how well the stained glass matched the flowers in front of it.