Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

I know it's a day late, but I forgot to do it last night. See I spent an hour reading and researching a food fad. So today it was a bit cooler and I thought that I should layer it up. What I am noticing here is the fact that my little boots and my skinny jeans make me look stumpy. This is the problem I have with skinny jeans and cooler weather. I love my little black boots (that have a crocheted cuff) and they are comfy, but it just doesn't work with my jeans tucked into them. I suppose I should just wear different boots or different jeans, but it kind of sucks that I can only wear these boots with tights and a cute dress. I'll do better next time, I think.

I was looking up information about eating paleo last night. Paleo dieting (although it's not much of a diet) is eating natural foods and cutting out grains, sugars, dairy and processed food. Eating a heavy carb-based diet like we do just basically means we aren't eating as much of the good stuff as we should be eating. I found a website that is about going paleo for 30 days (Whole 30) and did a lot of reading. I think a 30 day trial is a good way to cleanse our bodies and to reset our eating habits. So today I tried out a couple of paleo options for Jeff's breakfasts- made egg cups with veggies and ham slices for the freezer. What I think will be the difficult part is finding enough food for Jeff to make it through the work day. He eats breakfast here, has morning tea (breakfast bar), lunch is leftovers, afternoon tea (homemade cookies) and a snack when he gets home before dinner. Okay, now that I typed that all out, I just realized how much food this man eats during one day. Good grief. So we need to overhaul our diet. I don't think we'll be able to give up all the other foods forever (hello, cheese and bread) but I think we can get our diets under control and slowly introduce some of this back into what we eat. Plus I think it would be great to see how I do without all the foods that make me dash for the toilet (gluten, grains, dairy).

So for the next week I will be researching, compiling recipes and re-organizing our pantry in preparation for grocery shopping and a complete 180 degree turn-around in our kitchen. I've got my work cut out for me.

So have you ever done something drastic like this for your diet? Is there a better word to use than diet, because I'm not doing this to lose weight but to correct my relationship with food.

No comments: