Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Jeff's Big Project

For the wedding Jeff has had only a few projects that have been his responsibility. One of which he recently finished.

Since we started planning our wedding, I became obsessed with the idea of a sweetheart table. The possibility of not sitting at a traditional head table was really appealing to us.

Image via: Green Bridge Guide

Image via: Christmas Lights and More
Since our wedding party is only us and two other people, having a head table seemed silly. Both our BM and MOH have significant others and children, so it would have been silly to make them sit apart from them or put all of us at the same table. It is convenient that we are able to have a sweetheart table then!

I gave this job to Jeff because is a master at building things. Seriously, the man may never remember my birthday without my reminders, forgets to buy flowers or do something special on certain holidays or special occasions, but he will build me anything I want. That's how much he loves me (plus he enjoys building things, so that helps). We decided on a rustic table design because that is who we are and that is what we want. I left it at that and let Jeff figure out the rest. So here's a photo journey of his work:





Now our table is finished and sitting in the kitchen with our current dining table. I think it's a little silly to have two tables in the house, but it means I have more space to deposit things once I walk in the door. Oops! For decorating the table, we are going to put a skirt around it so I can sit un-ladylike and not worry about people being able to see up my dress. I'm a casual girl, I can't deny it. This table is kind of my inspiration for decorating our table, minus all the succulents because we can't afford that.

Image via: The Vines Leaf

So what do you think of Jeff's work? Isn't he wonderful?

What did you decide to do for seating at the reception? Will you stick with a traditional head table or follow the current trend of a sweetheart table? Did you also think I was going to get a heart-shaped table like my mom thought?

1 comment:

Shoshanah said...

We didn't really do either one. We sat at one table along with 3 members of our bridal party and their spouses. Whereas the rest of our bridal party was at nearby tables. The table was the closest to the dance floor, but besides the fact we were sitting there, it wasn't really different from any of the other tables.