Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Embracing my Hippy Side

For our wedding I asked Jeff's niece to be our flower girl. She's an adorable 3 and a half year old. Her dad will be standing up next to Jeff for the wedding, as he is the best man, and so I figured we should be quite limited when it comes to dramatic antics from the kiddos in the wedding party.

Personal photo: Alice on Christmas Eve 2012

What I didn't think much about was what she was going to wear. I guess my approach to this wedding is more, "As long as it fits in the overall theme, then I don't care what you wear." There's never been a set color scheme and so that is (hopefully) going to create a beautiful array of colors at the wedding. What I did find out was that Alice is going to be wearing a pink dress with grey fabric flowers on the waist. It's cute, but I thought that since I made something for my ring bearer, I should do the same for my flower girl. Enter inspiration:

Image via: Bridesmaid Bouquet
I love floral crowns and if our wedding had gone more in the direction of ethereal and hippy, I would be sporting a floral crown myself. So I thought Alice could have one since I can't. :) I set out to the dollar shop and bought a variety of bright flowers to use. I also went to Spotlight (the equivalent of Michaels) and got floral tape.

Two episodes of Friends later and I had this:

It was relatively easy to make the crown and I'm surprised I haven't made one before now. When I took the crown over to Alice's house to give to her, she put it on, grabbed the basket and went outside to pick flower petals to practice her job. A-dorable. I only wish I had my camera at the time and had captured this moment.

Did you make something special for each person in the wedding party? Do you sometimes wish you could walk around with a floral crown on? I do!

1 comment:

Shoshanah said...

I think it's adorable! Although while I love flower crowns, our flower girls wore a little tiara, which I think she loved even more.