Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's a New Year!



I can't believe how quickly 2012 went. I feel like it has been a momentous year and that it's only the harbinger of the momentous year ahead of me! So just a few things to remember about the last year:

1. Reached a milestone in my dating history (longer than 5 months!)

2. Got engaged!

3. Finished my Masters Degree!

4. Got my first ECE teaching job!

5. Started my garden from the ground up, it's all what I've planted this year so far! (While there may be more weeds than veggies still, I am proud of what I have accomplished.)

6. Started a new job in the healthcare sector.

7. Completed a pre-marriage course with my fiance and learned a lot more about each other before we commit publicly.

Goals for 2013:

I had a friend write on facebook recently about how she is not making resolutions this year. A resolution is easily broken and we all know how New Year's Resolutions pan out (take a look: I've only kept one for 3 months max). So she, and I, are making goals. Goals seem much more attainable, don't you think? So here are a few goals I have for this year.

1. Finish Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I'm four days into this and already it doesn't hurt quite as much after I finish and it's a little bit easier to get through. Don't get me wrong, I still swear at her.

2. Get married to the love of my life! We're at 55 days and I'm so excited to be able to call J my husband soon.

3. Drink 1.5 liters of water every day. That's two large bottles of water. I have them in the fridge and I am trying to up my intake of water.

4. Successfully garden this year- harvest and save as many veggies as I can so we buy less.

5. Lose 10 pounds by the end of February. I won't be the size I was when I move to New Zealand, but I would like to lose a little weight before the wedding. If I can complete the 30 day shred, I will be well on my way to achieving this goal.

6. Do at least two kiddy outfits a week to sell while I am not employed full-time. I just need to manage my time a little bit better, that's all.

Those are pretty good goals to start the year off with. I hope that I can reach these goals and will be proud to say that I have done these. We got up late this morning to start the year and during breakfast/lunch J said, "We're getting married next month." Oh. My. Goodness. Time to get busy and finish all the wedding crafts I have yet to do, and finish my dress! See you soon!

What are your goals for the new year? Are you looking forward to anything?


No comments: