Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cake Taste Test

One part of the wedding planning I have been looking forward to is the taste test of the cake we're going to have. If you recall, we're having a non-traditional cake made by Jeff's mum. I finally got around to dropping off the recipe for her and she called us on Saturday saying that she had made the cake and could we stop by to check it out? Uhhh, YEAH!

our Grasshopper Cake with our handmade cake topper

The delicious innards
Okay, so the cake testing went down really well. This cake is unbelievably delicious. Seriously awesome. Chocolate cake, mint chocolate ganache and creme de menthe buttercream frosting. Awesome. Oh, and ridiculously sweet. Love it.

While tasting it, we talked about the logistics of cutting it up to serve people. It's a small cake (8 inch round cake tins are used) and we're looking at 80 people. It does help that I'm making pies to go along with this as well.

All around the cake taste test went great. I think most of Jeff's family has now tasted this cake and they all overwhelmingly approve. Oh, and I was informed that the cake recipe I chose is the reason why my MIL went to the liquor store for the first time in her life. Haha! (That was the only place she could find creme de menthe...now she has a large bottle of it in her pantry.)

Were you just as happy with your cake taste testing as we were? How long did you have to wait to enjoy your wedding cake after the taste test? I've got 84 more days until I can have that again!

No comments: