Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Life Gets in the Way Sometimes

Just as this title says, life certainly finds a way to get in the way of the best-laid plans. This is where we are right now.

It's two days before Jeff's show opens and I'm running tech for the show. So we're pretty much never home. I spent my day off yesterday taking care of my sick dog and finishing up Jeff's costumes and props for the show. Then I spent 4 hours at dress rehearsal last night. Can you guess how I'm feeling right now? :/

It's exhausting. Poor Jeff is up and at work at 6:30 am this morning, he won't get off until 5 at the earliest and then we still have rehearsal again tonight. So pretty much, we have no time to work on any wedding stuff, even if I wanted to. Which right now, I sort of don't want to. So what I'm really saying is, life has gotten in the way of wedding plans and projects, so we're taking a little vacation from blogging about the wedding since there are so many other things crowding in right now. I'm looking forward to the play being done and us getting our evenings back. In the meantime we're waiting on our guestbook poster to arrive in the mail and I've just gotten the picture of Jeff as a wee lad to edit for our bathroom decor. My dad already sent me a picture of myself as a little girl and this should be an adorable little touch to our wedding decor.

We did go out to Founder's Park over the weekend and talked about the wedding as we walked through the spaces again. I love Founder's Park and am so excited about getting married there. It's going to be beautiful there (as long as it doesn't rain!). Here are a couple pictures from our visit back to Founder's Park.

The wrap-around porch of the reception space- Jaycee Room

I'm loving the wisteria here...we're also hoping to put up twinkle lights.

Roses in bloom outside the chapel. Gorgeous.

1 comment:

K said...

The park is so beautiful: such a great space to get married!! And I sympathize on your crazy-exhausting week: I did a lot of theatre in high school (stage managing, tech, acting, you name it), and considered it as a career until I just got burnt out. It can be so draining, but I hope the show goes awesomely! Tell your fiance to break a leg!