Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Back in the Saddle

Phew, it's good to be back here. Jeff has finished his show and I'm finally able to find time to work on wedding projects and blog again. It was nice to take a short break from it though. But we're back to being busy with the summer season open at Berrylands and Jeff working really long hours. I'm starting a second job tomorrow morning and Christmas is just around the corner (seriously, when did THAT happen?) In the next few weeks I'm hoping to finish up my wedding dress, buy Jeff's suit and get our wedding rings in our hands. I still have a couple small projects to work on as well and blog about before we hit the big rush of getting things done. We're at 75 days and there is still so much to do!

What I have accomplished lately is the task of trying on my finished wedding dress. Yep. I got the skirt attached and the main construction is all done. All that's left is a zipper, the lace straps and my crinoline to fill out the skirt. It's pretty good looking! Bear in mind that the dress isn't as tight on me now as it will be (it'll be better when the zipper is in to take care of that problem).

Yes, I had Jeff clothespin me in my dress. Haha.

Making a screwy face.

That looks better now.
It's good to know that I made a dress that fits me. This will be your last look at my dress until my wedding day. Enjoy it. :)

What you don't get pictured here is Jeff pulling the back closed properly and the dress laying flat where it needs to be. It was nice to see what the dress will look like when it is fitted completely. I hope I can finish all of this by the middle of January at the latest and then I can not think about this for a month.

Was there a project that you wish had done? That seemed to drag on forever?

No comments: