Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Part 2 of my Crafty Weekend

Last weekend I was very productive and got several projects out of the way.

When we leave the church after getting married (yay!), I wanted something nice that wasn't throwing rice. Or birdseed...I can just imagine it now. Getting a handful of birdseed lobbed at me doesn't sound like fun. Plus it'll be summer and possibly I'll be sweaty, which then means that the seeds will stick to me and get into crevices. Sounds fun? I don't think so.

Image via: Wells Brothers Blog
I can imagine flinching all the way past everyone and wishing it hadn't happened.

There are other options, of course. Confetti is a relatively new one in the wedding world (or at least in the Midwest).

Image via: Camille Styles
I don't see confetti as being particularly good because we're in a public park and would have to clean it up. I don't want to wish that on my worst enemy and certainly not on my friends!

Releasing butterflies, balloons or lanterns are also other alternatives. Logistics on this is too much to work out though, and I sort of freak out about butterflies sometimes.

So we're not going to have people throw stuff at us.

Image via: Austin Wedding Blog
We're going to do ribbon wands and bubbles. I wanted ribbon wands because they look so pretty in photos without ending up with things stuck to me. Jeff wants bubbles because they're fun. So we're doing both!

Image via: Pinterest
Keeping with our theme of bright colors and love birds (a little nod to our cake topper Jeff made), here are our ribbon wands and bubbles for the recessional.

personal photo
There are 25 ribbon wands and 48 bubbles. I have to say that my $ .50 ribbon from Spotlight and my hot glue gun came in really handy here. I'll probably need to do more ribbon wands, but I'll wait to see how many RSVPs we get back.
personal photo
Having these little projects out of the way now for the wedding is really helpful. I can check these off my large to-do list and think that we're just a little bit closer to our big day now. Yay!

Did you decide on a traditional send-off? What non-traditional send-off would you choose to do? I am sure I have forgotten some other ways to celebrate after the wedding though!


1 comment:

K said...

I love ribbon wands--we're doing them too! Yours look great, and I love that you made the bubbles to match!!