Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Crafty Weekend

We hit double digits over the weekend and apparently that inspired me to be really productive and get my butt in gear when it comes to our DIY projects. Things have been piling up and waiting for me to sit down and actually accomplish, so that's what I did. One of the first projects I thought about doing when we started planning this wedding was a chalkboard menu like this one:

Image via: Style Me Pretty, Photo via: J-Anderson Photography
During one of my more regular trips to the recycle center and resale shop in town, I found a painting that had the perfect frame for our menu:

Personal photo

I then had Jeff cut me a piece of wood to fit the frame and then I used my handy-dandy chalkboard paint (I love this stuff so much...I think I might be able to convince Jeff to paint one side of our fridge with it someday).

Finished chalkboard
Once the paint dried, I was able to cure the chalkboard paint by coloring the whole board with chalk and then erasing it. Here is a mock-up of our menu I did tonight to see what I could do with it. Don't know if this is the final incarnation of it, but it's a start!

Also this weekend, I ordered our fingerprint guestbook from Vistaprint.

Image via: One Fab Day
I downloaded this free template, added some text to it below the tree and then ordered a large poster size. We'll set up a few different ink pads, instructions and then after the wedding we will hopefully have something like this to frame:
Image via: Bleu de Toi
I already have a frame for it...something I picked up from the car boot sale last week. I also got our little bubble containers in the mail this last week and Jeff cut all my dowel rods down for ribbon wands, but you'll have to wait for another post to see those beauties. For now, I can check 4 projects off my list of things to do. Phew. That's pretty productive since I took time out on Saturday to do this at home (which included dancing around and singing to Christmas music while decorating the tree, of course):

personal photo
So what did you get up to this weekend? Did you ever get hit by a spurt of creative energy and knocked a lot of things off your list? Doesn't it feel nice to get things done for once? lol.

1 comment:

K said...

Yay productivity! Everything you did looks great! Love your tree!