Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Minimoon and Honeymoon

When we set out to get married, Jeff and I talked about taking our honeymoon back in the USA so we could see people who couldn't come to our wedding as well as show him the country I grew up in. But how are two people who barely make minimum wage supposed to afford a trip to the US? Well, scrimping and saving is one route we're going, but we've also registered for a honeymoon registry. After some research, I created a registry with Honeyfund.com. The website was really straightforward and allowed me to customize our registry to our needs.

Image via: Sand Dollar Travel
We were able to set it up for people to gift to us from the US or from NZ, or anywhere actually, through my Paypal account and NZ banking. I'm really happy with what we set up and hopefully people see this as a way to support our marriage (if they want to gift anything to us) without us ending up with household items we might not use. So our honeymoon won't be happening right after our wedding, but will happen in August 2013 for a few weeks. I'm so excited to share the US with my sweetheart! We're going to road-trip from Colorado to Atlanta after a stop in Los Angeles for a couple of days.

On the subject of our minimoon, I have even less information. The reason that is the case is because Jeff is planning a little escape for the remainder of the week after our Tuesday wedding. I have no details and no idea what he's planning. It will be interesting to see what he plans for us all by himself. I did tell him that I absolutely must be able to sleep in a bed- no camping!

Are you planning a later honeymoon after the wedding? Would you trust your partner to plan a honeymoon alone? Will the suspense kill me before we get married? (Probably...)

1 comment:

K said...

We decided not to do a honeymoon registry (mostly because we need housewares!) but I still think it's a great idea: I don't think they're tacky at all because people are CHOOSING to contribute to something that will make people they (presumably!) care about if they wish!! They're your guests, they love you, and (again, presumably) they want to know what you would really enjoy! Going to the US to see your family and friends that could not attend is also a great idea. And the surprise mini-moon sounds great, though I am terrible at surprises--hopefully you won't ruin it like I inevitably would with my incessant questions!