Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Border Punching (Or How I Drove Myself Crazy)

One of the aspects of our wedding that I was least looking forward to was designing our invitations. Since I knew we couldn't afford to order invites and I was pretty capable around a computer and printer, I figured that was just one more thing I'd have to do myself. Fast forward 3 months into our 7 month engagement and I have finally gotten the invites done. Why did it take so long? Well, the last week I have been in the process of border punching our RSVP cards.



Ridiculous because the border punch I had to use decided to do this after 3 uses:

Broken handle means I can't do this by hand now.
 So what's a girl to do with 80+ RSVP cards that need two punches each to get done? Use her foot, of course!

Working hard.
The mess I kept cleaning up.
Then finally the poor punch broke completely and I had to abandon the last 20 cards to having no border cut out (sorry to whomever gets those ones!) Was it worth all the hard work and constant up and down since I had to stand up and really press down to get this to work? Yeah, it was. Just look at that border!



 For my own recommendation: do NOT buy and use Fiskars border punches for a large project. It was ridiculous and in the end is a shattered mess of plastic parts surrounding pretty solid steel. I think it could have been designed to work better and last longer. For what it's worth, I wasn't even using cardstock, just regular old paper for our invites. Double ridiculous. But now I can let the crazy subside until the next DIY project tanks mid-production and I have another meltdown. :)

Did you invest in something from a reputable brand to only have it crap out on you too? Would you have kept working on a DIY that just wasn't wanting to work? Isn't the border punch pretty?

No comments: