Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Invitation Reveal

I've been pretty hard at work lately on our wedding invites. Designing, printing, stamping, punching and assembly is finally all finished. I thought at first that it would be more labor-intensive than it was and so I was prepared to rally up a few friends and have an invite-making party. Then I couldn't be bothered to organize something (story of my life) and ended up doing most of it alone. What I found though was that by working in small stages it made the entire process much more doable by myself. Although Jeff did help out some! He was sought for approval at every step in the process and was tasked with cutting everything out for me. What a sweetheart.

Envelopes waiting for stamps

Vintage Kiwi stamp for our RSVP cards

Ready to be cut!

Jeff doing the hardest part (I can't cut straight)

All ready for assembly

Our invitation pack. All designed and printed here at home. Love.
As I look at our invites I realize that they are pretty traditional, but I still love them. I know that they will deliver all the information that we need to give people, so that's what is important. These don't really reflect the theme of our wedding, but I'm still really proud of them!

A process which started at the end of July has finally finished and we've started delivering our invites. It's kind of exciting, this part. I was really excited once we booked our venue and since then it's been up and down a lot as I fight to keep this wedding real in my head. Most days it feels like a dream and that it won't actually happen, but as the invites go out I am reminded that it is indeed real and that it will happen.

Did you have any fear or sudden joy as the invites were finished and went out? How much thought went into designing invites that reflected the theme of your wedding?

No comments: