Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

What to do for pictures?

Before we even got engaged, I had been looking at wedding ideas online for some time. I knew I wanted to spend my life with Jeff and we had talked about getting married, so it was a matter of time really. One of the things that started to become important to me when planning our wedding was photography. All the pictures that you get of that special day and can look back on years down the road? Yeah, I wanted those to be amazing. Then I started looking into prices for local photographers. Ouch. The dream of having professional photos of our day started to fade into the distance.

After we got engaged, I became a bit more serious about this aspect of our wedding. I really want to have pro photos of our day, but financially it just can't happen. Then my MOH saved the day. While discussing this particular aspect of the wedding, she reminded me that we have two friends who are journalists who also happen to take amazing pictures. I really wanted to have a photo-journalist approach to our wedding and I quickly asked both of them if they would take pictures for us. They said yes! I hope these two awesome people realize how much I appreciate what they are going to do for us.

So a few weeks ago we had our engagement party and got our engagement pictures done by my MOH and her partner. Her partner is one of the friends who is going to take our wedding pictures. I'm so thrilled with how the pictures turned out that he took.

I can't wait to see what is taken of our wedding day! Yay!

1 comment:

K said...

So gorgeous: I love your save-the-date ribbon/banner! We made one for our save the dates, too!