Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

97 days and counting

I just want to point out a few happy things today:

--I have only 97 days left in South Korea. There's so much to get done and see before I go, but I know I can get it all in. So much for a quiet summer then.

--My brother John is going to come see me for 10 days at the end of July. I get to introduce him to soju and crazy Korean nights out in Hongdae (oh Lord, I'm not ready for that!), finally get to visit the DMZ, and half a million other things I've not done here (including Lotte World).

--Tai is officially booked for his quarantine space in NZ. There's just a few more steps to take before he's all set to go. I'm going to miss my vet here though. He worked so hard to translate Tai's entire medical record for me and wrote a nice note. I need to drop off some cookies for them since he worked so hard for me. Aww.

--I have a new yoga mat now and it makes a huge difference. My old mat was slowly being destroyed by Tai and wasn't nearly as cushion-like as I needed. This one is much better.

--Speaking of yoga- I noticed tonight that my Asana's are improving a lot now. Yay for that! I'm more bendy now.

--Tomorrow I get to watch The Fox and the Hound for 3 classes. Cue "awww" again. Love that movie (although I forgot that Todd's mom is shot by hunters in the first 3 minutes). Gotta love classic Disney where every main character loses their parents somehow.

--I hardcore cleaned my bathroom and kitchen today. As in I used bleach. It's starting to warm up and I REALLY don't want to encourage buglife to proliferate in my apartment this summer. I really don't want that. ps- I might be a little high from the fumes.

--J called me last night and we caught up. I needed it. After my awful Monday and shaky weekend, I needed a good evening with a phone call and catch up.

--I got a couple new t-shirts today for only 5 dollars each. They may only last this summer, but they're thin, cute and comfy...perfect for teaching in 90 degree weather.

--I tried on my birthday dress I've been working on...and it's too big now! YAY! I was making this made-to-measure for a few weeks now, but then I started a stricter diet and exercise regime. I won't make any adjustments now, but I will in a month so it will fit properly for my birthday. It is really cute though. Except I still have to sew on 40 buttons. Lord help me.

--I just needed to post some happy thoughts while they were all in my head so I remember that my life really is pretty awesome right now and I shouldn't let the small things get me down.

xo

No comments: