Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Friday, May 20, 2011

5 for Friday

Can I just start with how glad I am that this week is over with? After two weeks of partial work, free days and way too much deskwarming, I was not looking forward to a full week of classes, new afterschool classes and no chance to breathe. Although, upon looking back, I am actually glad to be back to normal because now it's Friday!

I have a new trial in my life for the next couple of months. His name is Taejung. He's a 2nd grader and he's back in my afterschool class. Every Tuesday and Thursday from 1:50 to 2:30, I have to attempt to teach phonics to 14 kids and keep Taejung under control. See, he's a special kid. His mom works at my school and he's spoiled rotten. I don't know how he is in his homeroom class, but I can tell you for sure that he HATES having to be in my class. He yells, he drums incessantly, he scribbles over his book instead of working, he runs around like a madman and generally repeats everything I say with the lung capacity comparable to myself (which is impressive since he's 3 foot nothing and probably 45 pounds). I may be exaggerating a little on his size, but he's still small! He's the reason I have a sore throat.

Moving on. It's been a couple of weeks, but last week Blogger was down and I didn't feel like posting on Saturday. Here you go!



The past two days I have had an intense craving for red beans and rice. Let me tell you that I don't know why since I've only had the dish once. I'm determined to make it at some point this weekend or early next week. I will eat it and I will enjoy it.


The phone calls I get remind me that yes, I am being thought of. It's a warm, fuzzy feeling that I love.



Right...so I think I may have found another one of these people. I met the first one my freshman year of college in a one-act play...the second? a few months ago. I don't even think it's weird that we can easily talk for 5 hours at a time and still have more to talk about but we're just so tired. I love that even when I'm really exhausted and can't think of anything else to do (because bed at 8pm is just silly), I call him instead and we have a brief talk with lots of laughter, catching up and a few hopeful mentions of the future when it's not just talking over skype that we have, even though they're vague because we are shy with each other.



I found a funny website this week that had some really crude romantic cards on it, but this wasn't crude. It was just sweet. I like sweetness in my life right now.



Ok, why can't everyone just label paint this way? Seriously! This was by far the funniest thing I found this week.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with love and joy. If the world ends on Saturday like it's being prophesied then I guess this is the last 5 for Friday for ya. Filled with love and hope and not a smidge of regret. ;) See you next week.

No comments: