Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Weekend sewing project

Since I gave up television for Lent I have found myself with more free time than I usually have. It's been nice finding things to do instead of lounging around on the couch with reruns of CSI on for several hours. This past Saturday I finally did something with the clothing I set aside to upcycle after I got back from New Zealand in February. Yes, I've had a pile of perfectly good clothes sitting in a chair downstairs with no idea of what I was going to do with them. This is what I did to a grey tank dress I bought last summer and only wore a handful of times. It was really boring, eh?



It's not so boring anymore!




I have this thing for really bright colors and patterns. It might be a problem. Nah, you can't go wrong with flowers and ruffles. :)


I also have a thing for crochet and tatting...I bought this old table runner in New Zealand and I'm still using it. Can't wait to make something else with more of it!


I wore it to school today with a cardigan as it's still cold here. Spring was here for like a minute this weekend, and now it's gone. Sunny said she really like the flowers I made. More coming on those as I used the method I found on Happy Together.

Can you tell I'm ready for spring and summer? Man it's killing me. In other news, I bought my plane ticket back to New Zealand this past weekend. I found a ticket price I couldn't pass up. So I have it booked and it's all way too real now. Woah, I'm really doing it. I'm really moving back to New Zealand September 2nd and going to settle down there. It still feels unreal, but I'm so excited to see where my life goes once I'm back there.

Also, someone has jumped the ranks in who I talk to the most in a week. It used to be my parents and my best friend were eons ahead of everyone else...now? Not so much. J has jumped ahead of them all and is leading at an astounding rate actually. I actually can't believe we have that much to talk about when we chat on the phone. Seriously. Who would have thought it of two fairly quiet people (J is way more quiet than I am though). Off to paint something and do my sit-ups for the night before going to bed really early. I'm exhausted!

No comments: