Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Five for Friday

I'm still struggling to find inspiration this week. I think it's mostly because I've been sick and the weather has been bleh at best. It sucks when it's still cold every day. It sucks when I'm excited about 48 degrees F for the high. When I see back home that it's been 70 degrees F more than once so far, then I wish I wasn't in Korea. When I read that spring isn't really going to happen this year in Korea, then I REALLY wish I wasn't here. Seriously. I know last year spring was only around for about 2 weeks (really ruining the Cherry Blossom festivals around the country) and then jumped right into summer but it doesn't mean that I liked it. It's still below freezing every night here and I really am starting wonder if my seeds are ever going to take when they sit on the windowsill. I am having really bad luck so far with the seeds I've planted. But here are the few things helping me through the week.


This is just funny. And totally something my family would doodle. Because we are literally that literal about stuff. Then we'd laugh. 'Cuz we're dumb.


I want a pretty kitchen where I can hang my tea towels and have better glasses than the hand-me-downs I currently own.


I feel that this is a challenge to myself. I'm working on letting the right one in and the wrong ones go. But it's hard, eh? So easy to stick with what is known. I want to jump into the unknown and be caught. Or fall, skin my knee, get a cool story out of it and try again. J- you're my unknown.


I made banana bread earlier this week and it's been the comforting thing for me while I've been sick. I made such a big batch that I made one loaf and 4 muffins. I think I'll do all muffins next time. They cooked better and aren't as dense as the loaf is. Still good with a pat of butter on it reheated for breakfast (can you guess what I had for breakfast today?)



Let's not comment on the fact that I had to google search the name of these flowers which I adore as a part of Spring. Daffodils...come on Debs, how could you forget that? I need spring so badly. I want to buy some lovely flowers this weekend to brighten up my home and remind me that winter does not last forever, contrary to the weather last night (snow on March 24th).

It's been a rough week, but I'm sure next week will be better. My cold is gone and I've not been on medication at all today. No headache, no feelings of distraction beyond what I normally have, and I'm looking forward to getting out and about a little bit more this weekend after a rather hermit-like week. Things to look for in the future- a 20 in 20 project for April (20 crafts in 20 days that I give away), more phone calls to NZ, Mexican food this weekend for a birthday party. That ought to do it!

No comments: