Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

it's all calming down

So I'm pretty sure I'm settled now. Life is calming down somewhat and all the new start stuff that is always stressful is all basically done. I've got my banking sorted out, got paid from my school, my apartment is decorated and even though no one showed up to my housewarming (how depressing could that get?), I'm feeling good about things in Korea right now. Well, good except for my allergies going haywire Friday and then again today. Today, mind you, was freezing cold and ended with it snowing. Who has allergies when it's snowing outside? Especially someone who's mainly just allergic to spring? Thanks Korea, thanks a lot.

But really, I think I'm done with the transition time. I thought that this time it wouldn't be as shocking considering I've done it before, but it managed to throw me off for a few weeks now. I can't believe that it's only been about 3.5 weeks since I've left NZ. So much has happened since then. It's snowed twice, I've been to Japan, I've missed my bus and gotten lost in a taxi trying to make it to work on time, made some new friends, turned my apartment into home (although I'm missing my sewing stuff something fierce...I can't wait to get my sewing box here so I can do something again!), and found some good places around my house. Next on my list- curtains. With living right at Daewha Station at a major intersection, it means that I've got neon lights blaring into my apartment all night long and traffic sounds that aren't exactly white noise. I do not have loud neighbors though, which is nice. I actually think I don't have any neighbors, per say. No one lives directly next door to me, and the other two apartments near mine are businesses, so it's pretty quiet after 7.

I bought a plant yesterday, rosemary to be exact. Not like rosemary back in the states or even like it in NZ. I didn't know rosemary could be different. But it definitely is. Here it's a softer variety. I don't know why, but it just is. Smells great though. I'm going to try to find basil and oregano soon- hoping that the big plant superstore near here has it. Fingers crossed. Because if Mina thinks that my pasta made from canned sauce is good, she's not going to know what hit her when I really cook it for her.

I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow of the new place, but right now I have to go in search of massive amounts of tissue as my nose won't stop running and my head may explode from the pressure. Nice image there for ya. G'nite all.

No comments: