Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

11 Days...


It's all coming to a head now. I'm departing LAX in 11 days to move to NZ. Craziness! My room at my parent's house is a war zone. Really bad. I went through my belongings and did manage to get all my clothes into one suitcase (I have less clothing than I thought) and had three boxes of stuff packed to ship to NZ. Yeah, more on that. I thought I was doing well with the whole packing thing and so the last day and a half I've been doing menial tasks like my taxes, organizing pictures into photo albums, sewing nonsense projects and basically piddling around. Well, I should have been using that time better because today I went to check on shipping costs to send my boxes to NZ. HAHAHAHAHA. Unless I have about 500 dollars to blow on this, I would need to rework my stuff I'm shipping. I really don't have that kind of money to blow at the moment, so I spent time researching the best method for my buck. I got 3 quotes, one was for shipping 110 lbs. for 443 dollars. One was for 80 lbs for 345 dollars and then last (and best) was for 100 lbs. at 305. I have to sort through all my boxes again and then figure out how to get the most important stuff in. Ridiculous. Guess what I'm working on tonight while I watch LOST? Yep.

I went out today to take my brother Matt's senior pictures. I'm not a fan of portrait photography, but I thought it would be a nice challenge for myself as a photographer. It was interesting since the sun wasn't cooperating with us. It was too bright and I'm fairly certain most of my pictures have to be deleted because he was squinty or had his eyes closed. haha. I'm going to edit those and hopefully get some good ones out of it tomorrow.

Mina would be proud of me. I haven't had a proper haircut in six months. I really haven't. I got bangs cut around Christmas, but I'm letting those grow out again. You can see by this picture that, as annoying as it is, I am really growing out my hair. It is basically every single day that I consider chopping it all off. Instead, I colored it recently. When I dyed it, it was more of a purple color and was shocking but it has settled into a nice red color now.

So I've got a lot to get done, but I will get it done and I will be on my way to start travels in one week. I'll be in Chicago and then in LA and then finally I'll be in NZ! How freaking awesome is that?

2 comments:

SARA said...

Love the hair! Yeah I had bangs to this year and realized...that maybe I should grow them out...I ALSO dyed my hair red!! :) I may eventually get colorful...Id love to bleach my hair and throw in some pink, black...and get a nose piercing..we'll see :)
That is sooo exciting about the move to NZ!!! Yeah shipping is sooo not cheap! Good luck to you as you pack and hopefully everything will fit :)
I am hoping to get some better pix sometimes soon...hopefully :) I am sure you are gonna have a TON of new pix moving to NZ! Can't wait to see them :)

Carolyn said...

1. i can't believe you got all your clothes into one suitcase.
2. holy EXPENSIVE shipping fees. wtf?
3. i think your hair is AWESOME!!!! seriously, i'm trying to grow mine out too. my bangs are just long enough to swoop to the side and i'm preparing myself for a long hard few months of self-restraint.
4. i can't wait to see you next week!