Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Monday, March 23, 2009

spending my time

I have been sadly lacking in my blog posts and for that I apologize. Let's be honest though- I manage to keep myself so busy that I barely have time to sit down and write a blog. It's crazy. So I've got only two days of teaching left. Two more days of math, algebra, junior high love, and obsession with Twilight. I kid you not, the junior high kids I teach are almost all obsessed with Twilight. Since the movie was released on DVD this weekend I am sure that I will be inundated with comments and conversations about the movie. UGH! I really have no desire to read those books and can't wait to be out of the situation where I have to hear about it daily. I have three books that are waiting for me to read and I can't even manage to finish a magazine, let alone get into a book! I want to be done with all the craziness of teaching and just focus on my moving problems. Problems I have with moving--

1. I have to ship things to NZ, no question about that...the lady at the post office tried to tell me there's no slow method of shipping and that I'll have to ship priority. Can you guess how much it'd cost me to ship two or three boxes of about 15-20 lbs each? Over 150 per box, if I'm to listen to the lady at the post office. So I had to search around for shipping options. Ugh. I'm still going to have to pay more than I'd like, but there's just no option about the shipping- I have to ship stuff to NZ.

2. Luggage- I have a large suitcase, but I still need to get another one. Do you know why I must get one? Because I have to bring my sewing machine to NZ and I won't ship it. So I'm getting a suitcase and packing it and then having to deal with one more piece of luggage I didn't really want to deal with. But again, it must be done.

3. I have to fly from Chicago to LA. Since I booked my flights separately I have to deal with the new domestic flight laws. So I don't get any free checked luggage on my flight from Chicago to LA...so I'm sure I'll get hassle from the airline and have to deal with them as well and part with some money to get my two checked pieces of luggage. Fun times.

I've only got 21 days left in the US and I can't believe how much I have to do. I better get busy! There's so much to finish. I'm also taking a short trip to Texas this week. I get to see Stephen, my brother, graduate from Basic Training and just enjoy a short vaca before I come back to IL and go crazy for about two weeks before heading out. So I'm going to head to bed now and try to sleep before starting my last two days of teaching.

No comments: