Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

I feel like I complain alot. I'm sure I really do. So I'm going to try not to at this point. Seeing as it is the Thanksgiving season (and turning into Christmas) I thought I'd do the traditional thing and list what I'm thankful for. So here goes...I know I'll feel better after this...

There's always the traditional: health, a job (well, I sortof have one), a roof over my head, friends and family. But this year I want to list what may be considered somewhat unusual things to be thankful for. These are things that make me happy and I am so thankful to have them in my life.

My passport- I'm so thankful to own this little blue book. It makes me happy to have the opportunity to travel outside the USA and experience different cultures. I'm so grateful to have traveled as much as I have and I look forward to more travelling.

My Nikon D40- It's a new hobby of mine but I love it. I almost don't know why I waited so long to get into photography. I'm so thankful that I was introduced to photography in a way that didn't scare me off!

Purple- Everyone knows that I love purple, but I'm still very thankful for this fun color that makes me smile when I see it. I am thankful that I overcame my fear of wearing my favorite color.

The Mighty Boosh- If you haven't watched this hilarious show, you should! I love the humor and the writing in this show. I'm thankful for british humor- what I find most hilarious.

Iron & Wine- This music group is fantastic. The slightly melancholy composure of the music and the beautiful lyrics take me back again and again to a happy time in South Korea. Being introduced to new music is something I'm thankful for, because I don't do a good job of finding it myself!

Korean food- I'm so thankful for korean food. Because of my time in Korea, I now eat so many more vegetables and I'm alot more open to trying new foods (I still won't eat dog-meat soup though!). I'm thankful for having my tastebuds opened to new flavors and seasonings.

Soy Milk- This is a new thing I'm thankful for. Since I've become lactose intolerant (and finally admitted it) I have had such a hard time dealing with this since I LOVE milk, cheese and anythign containing them. Well, I can't drink milk anymore, but soy milk isn't as bad as I thought. I'm thankful that I can at least have that and that I can take Lactaid to help me deal with eating cheese.

Christmas lights- For some reason, Christmas lights are my favorite part of the Christmas season. Seeing the multicolored lights blinking around a window or lighting up a tree (real or fake) makes me smile a little bit. I'm thankful for the little things in life that make me smile.

Love- I'm thankful for the love I have in my life. The unconditional love from my friends has helped me grow into who I am and I am so thankful for the support and love I get even from other continents now that we all have separated. Visiting friends across the world only reinforces the knowledge that I have so many people who love me.

So during this time when so many people fight each other (well, they are family after all!) I wanted to take a little time to remember what makes me happy in life and be thankful. I think you should do the same.

No comments: