Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

back in Illinois


So I made it back to my parent's house in one piece. All my boxes even beat me here! Which was more surprising as I thought they wouldn't get here until christmas (at least, most of them!). Two boxes I still need to open and unpack, but more importantly, I was able to empty my suitcases and put them away! For the last week or so I've been going steadily crazy as the desire to unpack my suitcases once and for all grew. I really just wanted to do that. So yesterday when I got to my parent's house, I spent two hours unpacking. I didn't even do it nicely, I basically dumped them out on my bed and happily closed them up and set them off to the side. YAH!

So I have to start working next week. Substitute teaching seems a little intimidating after I went to see my youngest sister's drama production at the high school last night. I am appalled by what I saw, not only in the kids onstage, but also in the kids and people in the audience. Talk about a rude awakening! I'm back in hicksville, USA. Scary thought. I was overdressed, overcultured and stuck out like a sore thumb. Heck, I wasn't even dressed that nicely and I still stuck out! I should just get used to it though, huh? Probably. At least until I can leave again.

Here are a few pictures from my trip to the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland. I have one last set of pictures to upload to picasa, but then all my Ireland pictures will be up for your enjoyment. So enjoy these and go find the rest of them.

PS- Lactaid is my new best friend...finally I can eat cheese without vomiting! YAH!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

wow, amazing pictures deb!!!

seriously, everytime i go home i have the same reaction: WHOA!!!! what's wrong with this picture!??!?! oh ya, i don't fit in here...

i feel your pain!