Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

goodbyes and beginnings

I'm sitting at home now. It's a friday night and I'm full of contemplation. I've started saying goodbye to more friends this month. It's not something that I particularly enjoy (I'm sure no one really enjoys it actually). It seems like saying goodbye is more and more a part of my life. I've actually said goodbye to all but one of my dearest friends in Korea- Laila, Laura, Siobhan and now Carolyn. In two months I'll be making my own goodbyes as I prepare to leave. It's hard. I want things to stay the same and to always be with my friends, but even I don't want my life to stay the same. I have conflicting interests I suppose. I'm also saying goodbye to someone else who has meant so much to me these last 5 months (cripes, was it five months ago?). He has been a blessing to me and challenged me in ways I haven't been challenged in (and that includes 4 hour hikes in Seoul). The happiness I have experienced here is something I will carry with me as I move on as well. Let's just put it this way: I wouldn't be who I am today without the people who have loved me and challenged me in life. I guess this blog entry is for all my friends. You should know that your support and love is what has made me the confident, joyful and adventuresome woman I am today. I love you all and only want the best for every one of you. I know you were brought into my life to make it better and I am excited to see who comes into my life when I move to London. Until then, I'll sit around in my apartment remembering the good times and, let's be honest, I'll probably shed a few tears over a drink or two. I'll move on, but it won't be easy and it won't be overnight. Don't sell yourselves short- you mean alot to me.

No comments: