Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

a new hobby

So the week after my birthday I made a big decision. At least, it was a big decision for me. I purchased a Nikon D40 SLR camera for myself. I decided that I wanted to start a new hobby. A hobby that is good for traveling. It's not that I don't have other hobbies. I paint, draw, read, and sew- these are the hobbies I've had for years now. But now that I've acknowledged the inevitable fact that I will be traveling for a long time, it is time to get a hobby that is not hindered by my constant uprooting. Hence the photography. I would like to take this time and put the blame fully on Christopher. Just kidding. But he did get me thinking seriously about it. I've always liked photography but just been scared of it. However, wandering around Seoul with him and his camera and then hanging out while he edits pictures has worked on me after all this time. So I did it. It's not like this is some revelation or anything. I still don't like taking pictures of people (apart from the kids at work) and I still have so much to learn, but it's fun. Of course, it would help alot if the Korean weather would be cooperative. Too bad on that one apparently.

New update on my travels- I have made the decision to not go to India alone. It's not a great idea and I could deal with a vacation with alot less stress (and dangers). So I'm going to my friend Siobhan's house in Cork, Ireland to visit her. Another realization I have- now that I'm 25 I am old enough to rent a car without excessive fees. How cool is that? So that is the last cool birthday I have. You know what I'm talking about- 18 is smoking/voting, 21 is drinking, 25 is renting cars...so that's it. I'm doomed to have no more interesting birthdays. If I choose to look at it that way. Alright, signing off now.

Last thing- if you want to look at my photos, check out my photoblog http://picasaweb.google.com/debinoxford and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

SARA said...

thanks....after 25 stinks huh? lol..I will be 26 in a few weeks...oh wait....that does kinda stink...I'm old...ugh! renting cars without excessive fees is nice :)