Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

bored on the weekend

I felt like putting up a few of my favorite pictures (ok, really I just wanted to try out the photo option on here). I hope you enjoy them. If not, please don't tell me!
The first is of a building in my neighborhood. My neighborhood is unique in that there were basically two rules set down in the planning of the area (the city is maybe 15 years old). First rule- no building shall be more than 3 stories tall. Second rule- no building shall be built the same way. I'm serious about this. While apartment complexes abound in SK and especially in Ilsan where they are cookie cutter images that are only indistiguishable by building numbers (and Lord help you if you can't remember what number building you're looking for); my neighborhood is one of the few where it is impossible to find two buildings that are exactly alike. There are some that are similar, but no cookie cutter images. So you end up with buildings with strange facades attached to them, wavy roofs, traditional korean architecture (my first apartment had it), awful-looking brick villas with no personality (I live in one currently), and even a suburban two-story house with white picket fence and barn mailbox (I kid you not). I like it though. It may be strange, but it has certainly entertained me on evening walks around the area. I have a few places I really like and I'll walk purposefully just to see them. I found this last place this week with the strangest lawn ornaments I've ever seen.

No comments: