Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Home Renovations: Making a Space for Myself Part 2

Progress has been coming along on our sun room project. Today Jeff put in the carpet for me! But first, let's look at the shelving and storage solutions that were done first.

 This shelf is made to fit the containers I bought to store all my things in. The varnished wood is what was left of the door Jeff cut up for my worktable.
 Worktable and containers waiting for my stuff.
 Above the windows is a deeper shelf for some big containers I bought for larger pieces of fabric.
 Jeff thought it would be funny to put the dog up there.
 I need more containers!
 Finished shelves, painted windows and now just waiting on carpeting.
 A friend of ours was getting the carpet replaced in their house, so he offered us some of their old carpet that was still in decent condition. Even better is that it was in the shade of grey I wanted! Light grey.
 Chris brought by the carpet and underlay Friday night and Saturday afternoon Jeff got to work.
 New carpet is in.
I'm so happy with how this has turned out. There are still boxes of things to unpack and organize, but that's on hold until I go to Bunnings and get more containers. In the meantime, I've got to finish the guest bedroom and keep cleaning the house. A woman's work is never done (neither is my husband's work for that matter).

No comments: