Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Crafty Wedding: My Hen Do.

A few days before our wedding, Jeff and I had our stag and hen dos. Since I live in NZ now, that's what they're called instead of bachelor and bachelorette parties. I had no idea what Laura had in store for me that night and I didn't know what Doug had in store for Jeff. Let's just say it was a perfect night. Around 6pm I was to show up at Naomi's house. This is what greeted me:

MOH Irish
The theme was "Medieval." I loved it. So immediately after handing my camera to my Mom, Laura whisked me away so I could become properly attired.
That's better.
I had a court Jester (thanks Roger) and a peasant who brought me drinks (thanks Anna).
 It was a fun-filled evening with drinks, dinner, a bonfire, medieval dancing and a couple of games. After all this we went on a surprise trip. I found out later that early in the planning process, MOH Irish planned this out with BM Doug to meet up later in the evening. I don't have any photos from that part of the night, but there was dancing, mustaches, a game where I got tackled and some kisses with my soon-to-be husband. I was so happy to see our friends having such a good time celebrating with Jeff and I. It made me more excited for the wedding that was in a few days! Here are a few more pictures from that night.
 MOH Irish explaining my gift- a book of notes and advice from all my girls all over the world.
 Dinner outside with the ladies.
Great friends.

 Anna really got into the peasant look with her holey socks.

 Learning how to do a medieval dance. This was fun. Then later on I got in trouble at the combined party because I took off my mustache. So Laura forced me to dance to earn the forgiveness of the lord of the evening (Jeff). I hammed it up and it was great. I wonder if anyone took pictures of that?
I really couldn't have asked for a better party from my friends. I loved every minute of it. I knew I didn't want a traditional party and I knew Laura would pull through. Now I just think I can't wait to help plan a hen do for one of my girls here! Although it'll be tough to top my medieval princess party. :)

Did you have a traditional hen do, or did you go for something different?

1 comment:

Shoshanah said...

This looks like so much fun! Of course I grew up going to Renaissance Faires and have my own costume, so I might be a little biased.

As for my bachelorette it was a little traditional. Although we did have to change plans a day or so before, since the plan was to have it in New Orleans which wound up getting hit bit Hurricane Isaac a day or so before.