Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Something new for you today, readers. I know you're excited for a non-wedding post! Okay, so the thing is I have gotten into a bad habit the last year or so. I got into the habit of wearing sloppy clothes. Sweats, yoga pants, tshirts and tank tops.

In my defense I was working as a preschool teacher for a big portion of that time and it's much easier to play with 3 and 4 year old children when you're not inhibited by tight jeans and get messy when you're not wearing something very nice. But as the weather has gotten really nice this summer and I finished teaching at the preschool, I found that I was still living in my comfy clothes.

My feelings of self-worth went down as I continued to wear sloppy clothes. I stopped feeling attractive and lost interest in making an effort with my appearance. But enough is enough.

There is a movement in the blogger community to hold oneself accountable on personal appearance for stay-at-home-moms with a pictorial record of what they have been wearing. Forcing themselves to make the effort to dress nicely once a week can make a big difference. So that's what I'm doing.

So no, I'm not a stay-at-home-mom, but I'm still going to do this challenge for the whole year. Every Wednesday I'm going to post a picture of what I'm wearing. I actually started this last week and have found already that I am trying to dress better on other days as well. So here are the photos from the last two weeks:



So there you go. Two weeks of dressing with care. 

1 comment:

linxyandthebluesky said...

I so feel you on that-I am job hunting and in the mean time have to put my mind in the right gear and make an effort!Dressing effects your self image and your attitude radically!