Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Monday, November 12, 2012

A Roomful of DIY

I'm beginning to realize what my house is going to look like until the wedding.

Image via: Feng Shui Basics
I'm sitting here in the spare bedroom and all around me are bits and pieces of our wedding. My dress is nearly completed, but still sitting out so I can hem it. Jars are sitting patiently on a box waiting to be painted before stored for the next three months. Picture frames are waiting for pictures, a board is waiting for chalkboard paint, another picture frame is waiting for me to print out our fingerprint guestbook poster, my necklace is sitting on my sewing table because it has no home and baskets and jars and tulle are scattered about willy-nilly. It's ridiculous, I suppose. I need boxes to help this tragedy that is my sewing space and Jeff's drum space. I really do. Maybe I should go get some banana boxes tomorrow and spend a couple hours putting things away and organizing it somehow. Oh yeah, and I might have about 50-odd paper lanterns winging their way to me if my Trademe auctions go well this week (Trademe is like Ebay, but it's in New Zealand).

So many projects need my attention right now and I will slowly get them done, but in the meantime, I feel like I'm threading my way through the eye of a needle just to get to my worktable. Sigh. I think this means I need to clean instead of work on my dress tomorrow.

How do you keep up with the wedding clutter? Where is it all going to go when it gets closer and there is three times as much stuff? Yikes!

No comments: