Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Monday, October 1, 2012

My Mom

I want to dedicate this post to a very important woman in my life: my mom. Seriously, she is my hero.

Mother of ten, grandmother of one, crafty, creative, inspiring and all around awesome.

Me and Mom on vacation in New Zealand.

When we called my parents to tell them we were engaged, my mom screamed over the phone. It was 6am and she was at work. She still screamed and was super-excited about it. She has since proven to be very supportive and suggested lots of ideas that can work for our small, diy wedding. What I love most is that she is encouraging and always seems to know when I need to be grounded and remember that this wedding is not all about what we can afford (or can't afford, in most cases) but about celebrating our marriage.

I love our phone calls where we can talk about wedding details and plan things out. She was really excited to show me the dress she bought for the wedding and today we talked about some of the things we'll do while her and my dad are here.

I have been looking for purple pumps for a couple months now, trying to find something that is what I want to wear for our wedding. Trying to find the right pair has been really hard actually. Anything in stores were hooker-heels (in my mind) or not quite special enough somehow. I even looked into buying dyeable shoes...but ewww. And then I found these:

Source:Amazon.com

Perfection.

Right now though, neither Jeff nor I have the money to buy the shoes. They're only $29, but we also don't own a credit card between us. Ridiculous sometimes, but still a good thing. So I have been watching these shoes, waiting and hoping that they wouldn't run out before I was able to buy them. Guess what happened today?

I was talking to my mom and sent her the link to see the shoes. She then bought them for me right then and there.

I love her so much and not just for this. But this is kind of the cherry on top of the ice cream sundae that is my mom.

So what do you think of my shoes? Aren't the ruffles on them just perfect?

No comments: