Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Five for Friday

This week is finally done! Yay! I feel like yesterday was Monday though. I got home last night and then realized that the next day was Friday and I was suddenly thrilled. Time is flying by. I've been busy with my new online class, it's full of great ideas for differentiating instruction to meet the needs of diverse learners and I am itching to try some out. I've already changed a couple aspects of my classroom format to get more interaction between the students (besides cheating on writing assignments in the book) and I'm pretty pleased so far. I think this is the best class I've done so far and I'm only a week in. It's really practical applications that I can use now instead of research or theory-based work. I enjoy research and theory though, but it's not at all helpful in my current teaching situation. Anyway, today is Friday and I have only 74 days left at my school and 75 days before I leave. How exciting is that? VERY!


This sunset reminds me of my trip to Golden Bay a couple years back in NZ. I was walking along a path trying to find the other beach supposedly within walking distance, which I never found, but the lighting was gorgeous at this time and I recall a sense of profound peace. Alone with my camera on a path with only a bellowing bull to keep me on my toes.



Umm...yes please. I want this sink and view. Sigh, I think I must be a Suzy-homemaker at heart.



I am continually being reminded of the love I have for people and the love they have for me. We're all connected through love.



This is a very true quote. Way to go Maya. I forget a lot of things these days, but the way someone has made me feel is something that hasn't been lost in the recesses of my mind.



I feel pretty stupid most of the time teaching in SK. It's not that I'm incompetent by any means, but it's just I find grammar rules (or lack thereof) really hard to explain to kids in simple terms. I guess I really don't understand it well enough!

Also, I'm thinking about doing Pinterest...(is that what it's called?) I don't think I can keep saving things indefinitely on my desktop at work and I'd like to start giving credit for where I find stuff, but can't do so when I save things throughout the week. Maybe I should look into that thing and see if that will do the trick. Thoughts on it?

Enjoy your weekend and tell someone you love them this weekend. You know there's at least one person you love that wouldn't mind hearing it. I know I wouldn't mind it one bit!

1 comment:

Saundra said...

I love you Debo:) hehehehe