Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lent 2011

I know I'm not Catholic. I never have been and don't really think I ever will be, but there's something about the season of Lent that I like. I like the concept of giving up a vice for the 40 days before Easter. What I don't like is having to look it up every year to find out when it starts! Lent starts March 9th this year (coincidentally that is also my Dad's birthday!) and I have been thinking on what vice I can give up for this year. I usually give up chocolate or sweets or Cola (I usually give up Cola) for it as those are my really bad habits. But since going gluten-free in January, I've actually been eating and drinking a lot better anyway. I don't feel like any of my traditional things are vices anymore. Yay for growing up! It doesn't mean I don't have vices, it just means I have to look harder for them. Found it.

I'm giving up useless television for Lent. I oftentimes will channel surf at home in the evenings or on the weekends watching rubbish reruns and shows I don't actually care about. So starting tomorrow my TV stays turned off. In addition to this, I am starting a six week program to work up to 200 sit ups in one sitting. (Woah, debs...are you kidding?) There's an iphone app for it, but since I can't use that, I'm going to use the website. It's only 30 minutes a week and is something I can work on in the AM when I get up. So theoretically after Easter this year (it's like the 3rd week of April) I will be able to do 200 sit ups and will have gone without rubbish television. What will I do with all my extra time? Probably make a dent in the sewing pile in my living room!

No comments: