Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

If I manage my time better...

Ok, I must admit that I am a fairly lazy person. I will sit in front of the TV reading a book or fiddling around with my sewing stuff without actually accomplishing anything over a long period of time. It's true. It's easier for me to wait until I really want to do something. Then I'll do it. Take last night for instance- I didn't do a whole lot since I was feeling a bit blue, but knew there were things I should have been doing. I then proceeded to watch the rest of the Oscars and an episode of Sherlock before getting the motivation to straighten up my apartment. At 10 o'clock at night. I had to forcibly stop myself from dusting at 10:30 because if I started, I wouldn't stop until it was all done. And then I would have to sweep the floor and possibly mop it as well because, well, what's the point of dusting without finishing cleaning? I'm sick, I know it. Jeff said he would just invite me over to watch a movie and let me dust instead...I'll be honest, I probably would if it were really dusty. ;)

If I can discipline myself to accomplish things outside of motivational times, I would get a lot more done. It's a shame I work better under the pressure of a deadline or due date. My masters program is a testimony to that- I'm lucky I can make my homework look like it took loads longer than it did.

So here are my short-term motivational goals.

1. Do yoga as many days of the week that I can...so far this week- not so good. But it's a work in progress for sure.



2. Make these one day this weekend- how freaking cute are they? And I could make them gluten-free as well. (btw- they are mini lasagnas made in a cupcake tin)




3. Work on my crazy lesson plan where I'm teaching different parts of each lesson with each grade...it's going to be nuts.

4. Eat meatless as much as I can...it's cheaper anyway. So far this week- pretty darn good. Lentil soup, vegetarian chili and Parmesan zucchini sticks with pizza sauce. I also got a recipe for falafels that I'm going to try out. Does anyone else find it weird that I have all the ingredients for vegetarian meals stocked in my pantry?

No comments: