Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Five for Friday

The week just ended for me about 20 minutes ago. I finally started teaching again after what has felt like an eternity not doing so. Let me tell you what, deskwarming at a public school in South Korea makes me miss working at a kindergarten. Almost.I guess it would be different if I had lots of planning to do, but considering I didn't get my new textbooks in until just last Friday and didn't finish getting resources for them until today, there really isn't much to do without textbooks. Honestly.

But I got it all in and can really start sorting out classes now. I'm excited for the new books and so far all my kids are great. Of course, I did only have the 3rd and 4th graders so far. But here you go...my five for Friday.



I found this image today and was reminded of the power of a smile. My students were all very happy the last two days, and were all smiles. So was I. Last night I was teaching a new class of 3 kids and one of the girls remarked (through giggles) that she was smiling and laughing so much her face hurt. I want to laugh like that everyday. So much that my smile hurts.



How amazing is this set up? I love the teal color of the bench and the playfulness of the whole set-up. Please give me some old furniture and amazing vintage fabrics to do this with someday, somewhere in New Zealand!



And how awesome are these light shades? I'm especially taken with the upper left pattern. It reminds me of a pattern I've seen on Celtic knot work. I'd love to have that light shade on my bedroom ceiling. Seriously awesome.



Oh man, so I thought I really wanted to do a kitchen in bold bright colors, but this sink and backsplash has me rethinking that decision.



I wish I had an option on my photo editing software to isolate the color in an image. But since I don't, I'll just enjoy this daisy. Love it and love you all- happy Friday!

No comments: