Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

4.5 days

Well, it's been 10 days since I gave up bread and pasta. I have faltered a couple of times, BUT more importantly, I've noticed that I'm healthier without it in my diet. It sucks. I definitely dreamed about bread for the first two nights and constantly felt hungry even after eating a meal. But I'm making progress. Sunday night I gave in and made my mom's goulash recipe...BIG mistake. I couldn't even finish the pasta as it immediately made me sick. So Mari is coming over tomorrow to take the rest of my pasta so I don't fall into that trap again. haha. I'm weak, what can I say?

I leave South Korea in 4.5 days. I'm going back to Nelson, New Zealand for a 3 week vacation and I'm soooo ready for it. School is a drag and I'm tired of being cold all the time. Apparently though, Korea isn't going to be kind to me before I go. Saturday's high is 18 degrees F. Really. With a low of 1 degree F. Which means Sunday morning when I go to the bus stop to catch the shuttle to the airport at 6:45 AM (in the black of morning) wearing considerably fewer warm layers as I don't feel like carrying a huge winter coat all over creation, I will be F-R-E-E-Z-I-N-G my beezer off. On the bright side though, I packed my suitcase tonight and I've got room for a couple more t-shirts and any last minute things I think of...I think it helps that most of my summer clothes are in New Zealand already and I don't have to bring as much. My carry-on suitcase is the one I'm bringing and I'm pleased with everything I've got packed in there. See Mom? I CAN minimize my packing when necessary! I think I'll look funny in transit though as my carry-on is being checked and my actual carry-on will by my purse and a big kiddy race-track box set (for Elijah) that will not be wrapped or disguised in any way, shape or form. Should be entertaining.

I'm ready for the beaches of Nelson and hanging out with some of my favorite people in the world and meeting new people back there as well, of course.

2 comments:

Courtney Milburn said...

ok totally jealous of you getting to go to NZ! Have fun and tell Laura hi!

Saundra said...

Have fun Debo! I'm so sorry I'm going to miss you and your mom. I can relate to the luggage thing especially since we can only check one bag now...hate that. I'll be toting a Batcave don't tell Elijah!hehe) and now possibly Laura's violin!