Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

reflections

I guess I do this every year around my birthday. I sit and contemplate over the last year and where I'm at, etc. This year is no different.

I need to make some changes in my life, I know this. Last year around this time I had a physical while in Korea and was informed that I need to take better care of myself. I changed my eating habits for a good amount of time, but like always, slipped back into my bad habits. I don't want to be ten years down the road and have even more problems than I already do! If I don't set down good habits in my 20s, then when will I? Never is the more likely answer.

I'm tired of eating what I like and feeling A- guilty and B- sick afterwards. Yesterday is a prime example of this. I had a great tasting lunch...full of fat and starches...and was ill for the next two hours because of it.

I want to be content with where I'm at in life, and I know that taking care of myself will help that actually happen. I feel fat, lethargic and ugly most of the time...I catch sight of myself in the mirror at an unattractive angle and sigh. Well, I'm SICK OF SIGHING! It hasn't helped having two winters in a row, since winter is the worst time for me. Winter is a time to stay warm and lazy indoors as it's cold outdoors. I want to be happy with what I look like in the mirror and in photos. I want to have energy and feel better about what I eat. I will give myself this much though- I do eat a good breakfast everyday. Oatmeal and a cup of juice every day for over a year now. Good for my heart and good energy to start the day.

So I make a commitment to myself today. I have to take better care of my body, it's the only one I have after all! So send your words of encouragement as I start this change, because I know I will need it.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

YOU CAN DO IT DEBBIE!!!!! i know you can! you have! you did! you are completely capable and strong and you'll do it! i am with you all the way!!!