Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Kia Oru...or something like that.

I feel, even before I start writing this entry, that it is going to be really scattered and fragmented. So, if you thought you'd be getting a one-track blog with a completely coherent pattern...stop reading now.

Today I went on a walk with Nony. Correction, today I carried him down the hill we live on to the park. At said park we went on every piece of equipment, regardless of age appropriateness. He loved it. Then, when I was beyond tired and just wished I had thought to grab the pram out of the car this morning, we had to walk back home. Elijah was/is totally exhausted and what should normally be a 10 minute walk, turned into a 45 minute walk. He would get to a point where he didn't want to walk, so he'd just sit down and play with the dirt on the sidewalk. Then I would carry him for awhile, but he's really just getting too big for that. So then we'd stop again because I'd be tired. So now he's napping and I'm seriously contemplating it myself.

Flash mobbing- I think it's probably one of the coolest things I've seen on youtube and I would LOVE to be part of a flash mob event...seriously. It'd be awesome! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EYAUazLI9k This is the address to a flashmob video I just saw. It's awesome! So if anyone in Nelson wants to help out...I think a flashmob event would be freaking amazing, and I would definitely get involved. Will do research on this topic later today. Very interesting.

Korean food....mmmm. I miss it a lot these days. With Carolyn back in SK now, I feel a bit homesick for Ilsan and the good times there. I know it was time for me to move on and get out of SK, but there are still many things about Korea that I miss. But, in order to appease that, we are having korean food on Monday. So I should go to the grocery store later today to pick up the korean food items I need. Mmm...korean food.

I love the fact that I only spent about 5 dollars on fuel every two weeks. How very economical of me. Though, with the weather getting chillier every evening...I find that I put on more layers than I ever thought I would in order to go out for my dance class. Small price to pay I suppose.

I suppose that's all I've got for now. I'm quite busy with work at the Independent Theatre and work at home as well. I've also started getting involved in a second theatre company in town, so next weekend I'm ASM for a show (assistant stage manager) and just trying to get myself out there, theatre-wise. It's been good so far and I look forward to more work opportunities as they arise.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

kids ARE exhausting. and wohooo about the second theatre company!