Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

a good couple of days...


It's been over a week now since I decided to move to New Zealand and I am pleased to say that things are progressing awesomely for that move.

I applied for my working holiday visa, only one part left to finish up- getting the results of my chest x-ray sent in, and am glad that application is basically done. I also bought my plane ticket! I wasn't planning on it, but then I found one on sale for under 700 dollars and really couldn't pass that up. So I got the ticket and am leaving from LAX April 13th. Yeah, I know I'm in IL, I'll just book another flight from Chicago to catch my international flight that day. But it means I get to see one of my friends from college and see LA for a short while! I'm excited to see Adam again, it's been too long. Once I get to NZ, I've got a night to myself and a ferry ride down to the South Island to meet Laura the next day. I'm a little nervous about the ferry ride only because I'm not a fan of the ocean or boats. I will try to be ok with it though. Moving to New Zealand will be an adventure, that's for sure!

Once I'm there, I've got some work already lined up! It seems like things are lining up for me in NZ like I didn't think it would. Theatre work and sewing await me! YAH!

Last weekend I was out in the lovely weather and was able to take some pictures on a walk with my little brother. It was nice and I managed to get a few nice photos. Of course the warm weather didn't last and it's back to freezing temperatures and snow.

Today I was out of town with a friend. I spent my valentine's day with Vangie shopping and watching a movie. It was a very un-romantic day, but one of the better days I've had in awhile. I got some new clothes and they are really bright colors. I guess I can't really wait for it to get warm and wear spring clothes again. It'll be nice to get out more too and take pictures. The cold just isn't to my liking.

Enjoy these pictures and take a look at the rest of them at http://picasaweb.google.com/debinoxford

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey. Remember when we worked together forever ago in Bloomfield?