Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

a time away from home

The new year has come and while it may have started on a downer, it's getting better. I've been in the Chicago-area for the last week. Hanging out with friends from college, Jon and Lindsey, and their two boys, Ben and Alex, has been so relaxing and enjoyable. I'm really loathe to leave them tomorrow! (though I'm sure their dog Payden will be happy to see me go so he isn't locked up all day!) The boys are so cute and happy...two of the happiest babies I've ever met.

Yesterday was a really good day as well. I went into Chicago to meet up with Carolyn. I haven't seen her since she left Korea in August, and it was soooo nice to see her again! We had made plans to meet downtown and she jumped me on the street after I got off my bus. So I'm guessing that we made some interesting lunchtime story fodder with our freakout on the street. We ended up spending four hours in a coffee shop chatting. Ridiculous. Anyway, it was wonderful seeing her again and I can't wait to see her soon!

I also searched for a Korean restaurant to bring home dinner for my lovely hosts...found one downtown even! I can't even begin to describe how comforting it is to sit in a Korean restaurant and hear Korean and smell Korean food...apparently Korean has become my comfort food. Who knew? Anyway, the food was great, Lindsey even tried kimchi! The only downside was that the spicy pork dish I wanted wasn't so spicy; it was sweet instead! I had specifically asked for spicy! Oh well! It was still good.

So the boys are awake now and its time to play with them again...enjoy the pictures and then check out the rest, as usual, on my picasa page.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

oooo coool pictures!! it was sooooo good seeing you again debbie!!!