Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas...


Really, it is. The weather the last day or so has been basically horrible. Freezing cold, sleet, snow, slick streets, sliding around everywhere, and an early dismissal from school today. Yeah, feels like winter! But on the upside, I'm constantly playing Christmas music, wrapping presents (ok, I make my little sister do it), and baking Christmas goodies. I even had a candy cane today (it was blueberry). The high school secretary had candy canes for everyone today and so everyone in the high school had blue mouths all day. Haha.

I am now the proud owner of a new camera lens and this past weekend in St Louis I splurged and bought myself a tripod finally. It was expensive, but after testing out the less expensive options, I realized I should take the advice of the book I'm reading currently on photography ---be willing to spend money! So I did. I don't regret it either. I like my tripod which stretches to 72 inches and can also be taken apart to be a monopod (in case I ever decided to go into sports photography---did you know tripods are basically banned from all sporting events?) I was hoping for a clear shot this afternoon to go outside and capture all the winter wonderfullness, but it was still sleeting when I got home and I was worried about ruining my camera...I'll have to wait for another day.

John and Ben got home tonight...man, they've changed so much since I last saw them. It makes me feel old to see them growing up. Oh yeah, and we're all so loud when we're all together. It's ridiculous. Anyway, here are a few pictures of christmas-type stuff and the girls when I was in St Louis...snow shots and cooking baking silliness to follow later. As always, check out the rest on picasa. BTW-I'll be heading to Georgia in a week, so that means I'll be spending Christmas in a place where my scarves and hats are completely useless! YAH! hahahaha.

No comments: