Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Shop Days: I have a business card...

I'm 30 years old and I have my first business card. It's not a boring one related to my day job. I didn't get one while I was a teacher or when I worked in various offices...nope. My first business card is for my own business. That's pretty awesome.


I had a talk with Laura a couple weeks back about what I should be doing to help my business grow (she's a pretty smart cookie, what with her MA in arts management and knowledge of marketing) and after that talk I went online to see what could be done for a business card. I stuck with the name and motto I use in my Felt.co.nz shop and worked up this little design. They are still being printed, but I managed to get a great deal on them and should have them next week sometime (hopefully!). Pretty exciting! I also get a free cardholder (the metal ones that hold only a few cards so they don't get bent in your bag...yeah, one of those) with the order, so that's quite business-like.

I also had my first commissioned pieces done recently and they were pretty cute. I only managed to take a picture of the dress I made. I also made a pair of overall shorts for a little newborn boy. Also adorable.

3-6 months old dress. All the trim was hand sewn on by me.
Flowers from an old linen tablecloth. 

Next up on the list is preparing for the market day in November that I will be setting up a stall for. I can't do October's market day because it's this weekend and I'm working, but I should be off work for the next one and I will be there! Maybe I'll make a weekend of it and do the Saturday market in Wakefield and the Sunday market in Nelson. Yeah, let's do that. So I have to locate a folding table and organize a display plan for my things. Internet research, here I come!

I'm still waiting on my first online purchase from the shop, but I'm feeling really good about business right now. It'll happen online when it happens.


No comments: