Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Planning Bride's Best Friend

When I think of all the work that has gone into our wedding thus far (and still has yet to be done), I thank my lucky stars that I have a talent that has come in handy here.

I'm not talking about my sewing skills, my crafty skills or the woodworking skills of my fiance. Nope, I'm talking about my shopping skills. My online shopping skills specifically. Online shopping has become a HUGE part of most wedding planning and there is a plethora of resources online to help in creating one's wedding dreams. From artists that design your stationary from afar, to suppliers who have every imaginable lace when you're living in a town with a limited supply of anything, and online auction sites where other brides are selling what they don't need anymore. I'm pretty lucky, I reckon. If I had gotten married even 10 years ago, the online resources I have today wouldn't have been readily available. I've also done pretty well with my online shopping:

1- My wedding shoes (bought from Amazon.com, sent to my mom, handed over to my best friend and currently waiting in Auckland to come down to Nelson in January)



2- Bubbles for our exit (at Jeff's request, found on Trademe for a steal)



3- Vintage tablecloths for our reception (via Trademe)

image via: Parna


4- Stretch lace trim for garter (via Etsy for a ridiculously low price)



5- Our fingerprint guestbook (via Vistaprint for a great deal)



6- 50-odd paper lanterns (from another bride who doesn't need them on Trademe)

image via: Hippo Joy


7- Our decorative wedding bands (from Irishshop.com so we can get them customized here in NZ)

image via: Irish Shop


8- Our address stamp (from Etsy as well)


I've worked hard to find what we need for our wedding and I'm really grateful for the Internet to be such a good resource in this regard.

All images are personal unless noted.

Have you found anything for your wedding online? What are some good resources you found in your planning process?

1 comment:

Shoshanah said...

I love the paper lanterns! I think they'll look so pretty when they're all up decorating your reception.