Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Those Who Bring it all Together

I'd like to take a minute to talk about all the people who are helping our wedding come to life.

Since we are not very well off financially (it would help if I could find full-time work), our wedding is taking shape because of all the people who surround and support us. Our Friendors.

Photography

Two awesome people we know have graciously agreed to be our photographers for the wedding. Any local photographer would eat our entire budget, so these two journalists who happen to take amazing photos have agreed to this honor. Anna and Charlie will capture our wedding day perfectly, I'm sure. These two busy, busy people are going to be around to help us out! Right now Charlie is in Europe and will be doing an internship in Hong Kong before Christmas. Anna has been accepted on a trip to Antarctica for a journalism scholarship. They are phenomenal people and I'm so glad to count them as friends!

Sound

Jeff has a friend from theater work who has built his own jukebox. Chris has offered us the use of his jukebox set-up, sound equipment and lighting for our reception. He has known Jeff for years and only recently worked with me on a couple shows. What an awesome offer from a friend.

Videography

This is an area I thought we were going to have to go without. The only videography guy we know is Jeff's brother and best man. Umm...that won't work. Then on Friday night when we had some friends over for dinner and talking wedding stuff, we found out they knew a college-aged boy who does video work and recently did a wedding for some other folks. Lisa is setting up a meeting and I'll talk to this guy and see if we can get a wedding video to share with family and friends back in the USA who can't come. I'm beyond excited about this happening!

Day-of-Coordinator

While working out all the details of our wedding, I have come to realize that I cannot possibly coordinate everything myself the day before and the day of our wedding. I want to be able to enjoy our wedding day without worrying about the buffet table being set up, the chapel being opened up and ready and a hundred other little things that would drive me crazy. My friend Naomi, who has been a godsend on wedding stuff up to this point, has agreed to be my coordinator for the wedding day. It means I won't have to have my mobile turned on, I won't have to call people and make sure things are set up when they're supposed to. I'm so glad Naomi has stepped forward on this aspect of our day and she better realize how grateful I am for this! Don't worry though, I'll still have everything all planned out for you anyway!

Our wedding is only going to be possible through all the talented people we know and who love us enough to volunteer their time to help our wedding day be as awesome in reality as it is in my head. This list excludes family right now because if I wrote down all that our families are doing for us, I'd be here all day! It's incredible to see the love that people feel for us and are willing to share with us as we start our married life together. Everyone who contributes their time and presence for our wedding will never be forgotten and I will be forever paying you back in good deeds and favors, but your gift to us is more than I can ever repay! We love you all!

No comments: