Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wedding Philosophy and Inspiration

On Thursday night we met with our officiant (Yay! Exciting...and it's feeling more real now!) and she asked me to describe the vibe of our wedding. Well, I had shown up to our meeting with a rough outline of our ceremony wording that I really liked. Additional parts to the ceremony we are adding and a pretty clear idea of how I wanted it to flow. But her question caught me totally off guard. I mean, I know what my wedding will be like, I have pictures for inspiration saved to my computer, but I struggled for a few minutes to just describe our wedding. Later that night I read a lovely post by Midwest Miss Gets Hitched about wedding philosophies. I have just finished my masters degree in education and recall the important assignment of composing my own education philosophy. So without further ado, ahem, our wedding philosophy:

Our wedding is a reflection of our personalities: vintage, comfortable and bright details that embody our souls. Our wedding is a celebration of the coming together of two creative, quirky souls in a unique matter that reflects our life philosophy of recycling, re-using and creating what we cannot afford. At the end of the day, we hope you leave satisfied, both by the yummy food our families helped create and by the fun atmosphere created by those we love and hold most dear.

I see you wondering how this is going to translate into our actual wedding day. Here you go.

Here are some images that have inspired our wedding day and will keep both Jeff and I busy for the next five months!

Photo:Style Me Pretty

We will have long tables with no assigned seating. Growing my own flowers and hoarding vintage tablecloths to decorate the tables ourselves.

Photo:The Knotty Bride

The wedding party will be wearing grey and no full suits for the fellas. Keeping it casual and fun with bright colors as accessories.

Photo:Style Me Pretty

We're going to make all the signage and paper goods ourselves to keep down costs. It's a good thing we're creative!

Photo:The Bridal Guide

This is something I was in love with, but thought we could live without it. Jeff disagrees, so we're hoarding paper lanterns too to hang from our reception space ceiling!

Photo:Suger Plum Invitations

Since we are diy-ing our wedding, we decided to keep it earthy and natural. One of Jeff's jobs is to cut 100 rounds of wood to use for our tables. Glass jars are coming from my FMIL and flowers are coming from my garden.

Can you see what we're going for here? I know there's a lot of inspiration like this online right now, but I still have not been to a wedding that actually does any of these things. Our wedding will reflect who we are as a couple and as I look around our home, I see that our home already does that too.

1 comment:

Adam Mackey said...

Debbie, this looks like it is going to be an AMAZING wedding! I loved your description. LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!