Pages

Debbie's Doings

When two people sing together, they're in love; when two people dance together, they make love.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

29 and Engaged

So I can't believe that it actually happened. Here I am, planning my wedding to my best friend. It's surreal. I can't believe that a little over two months ago I got the best birthday present ever and got to start a journey that will go on until I die. Spending the rest of my life with Jeff is more than I could have hoped for. He's understanding, loving, attentive, pushes me when I need it and is extremely supportive. I'm pretty lucky I think. :)

Now just a little reminder of what happened on my birthday July 11th... He's a really quiet man and I knew I would have to tell him that I would want to be engaged. I even found a ring I liked and emailed him the info on it. Then we went on with life. Planning things, financially struggling as I am still trying to settle into life here with immigration and an overseas qualification in teaching, etc. I figured he'd get around to it eventually, but wasn't really expecting it on my birthday. I came home from work yesterday and he was already home, grumpy about his job and various other things. Great, I thought, just what I need on my birthday, a grumpy boyfriend. He remained grumpy as we got ready to go out for dinner with our friends and was really quiet all night. He's really quiet anyway, so I wasn't bothered by it. We came home and as we got in the house, he stopped me and told me that he loved me as he pulled out a box and dropped to a knee. In our traditional fashion, he didn't actually ask me those four words (the same thing happened when we started dating and when I moved in-- didn't ask, but just came to that understanding) but I was still shocked and did manage to say yes as I slipped on the ring I had picked out months ago and hadn't seen in person until right then.

So now you have it, I'm 29, engaged to a wonderful country man, and have a head full of ideas for a wedding which I have decided to blog about on here so you can see it all as it unfolds. There are so many big decisions to make and so much inspiration floating around in my head, I wanted to have an outlet for it and a way to share the things I learn along the way (and the disasters that happen).

Us about two hours before Jeff proposed. I clearly had no idea.
My beautiful engagement ring. It may not be much, but it is the one I wanted from the man I love.

3 comments:

Mrs. Sara Philbrook said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! I am SO happy for you :)

K said...

New follower from Weddingbee: so can't see how your wedding planning is going to unfold! I'm doing a heavily DIY wedding too: and I got engaged July 9, so close to you! :D When's the big day?

DebinNZ said...

Thanks so much ladies! I'm really excited about it all. Miss K- I went over and read your blog for 40 minutes while I was supposed to be making a present. Oops! I love your writing though. Our date is Feb. 26th, 2013. Yay!